Welcome to GEM Warranty
We are GEM, and we are delighted you have chosen us to protect your vehicle.
The GEM Team sat down with the mission to create straightforward, honest car warranty for everyone. We believe we’ve created the finest combination of protection and services for you and your car. If your vehicle has a failure our priority is to get you back on the road as soon as possible. We take our responsibility for protecting you very seriously, and we will do our best to help you through any potentially stressful times. As such all vehicles under ten years old with Comprehensive Cover are covered by GEM Rescue’s 24 hour breakdown service. So, whatever time of day or night, you can rest assured that someone will be there to help. Even the best warranty will never cover everything that can go wrong with a vehicle. In keeping with our honest approach we have clearly listed what isn’t covered, as well as precisely what is. Please read this document carefully, in conjunction with the Certificate of Cover issued by your dealer. Wishing you very happy motoring!
What we cover
Our Comprehensive Cover includes everything listed here. Or you can limit your cover with our Options Warranty package and select just the categories you want. Cars that have travelled over 100,000 are eligible only for those categories shown in blue.
* Subject to a contribution of 50% of the claim
** Up to £100
Any claim for mechanical component failure may need to be supported by a detailed service history.
Evidence of gearbox oil changes and timing belt/chain maintenance and replacement may be required.
What we don’t cover
We would love to be able to cover everything on your vehicle. Unfortunately certain parts, such as servicing items or those exposed to high wear and tear, are not covered by GEM Warranty. These are as follows:
- Keys and remote key fob
- Air-bag material and mechanism
- Light units or bulbs of any kind
- All light units, bulbs, and bulb holders
- Manual handbrake and mechanism (all components)
- All service components and items that require periodic replacement
- Mirror glass & mirror units, if impact has caused damage to the motor unit
- All wiring looms and harnesses
- Oil supply and feed pipes
- Any non-mechanical items
- Any non-electrical items
- Bolts, fixings, hoses, and pipes
- Brake cables, brake linkage, frictional materials, hoses, and pipes
- Burnt valves
- Car telephone systems
- Coolant hoses and pipes
- Engine and gearbox mountings
- Exhaust pipes, boxes, and mountings
- Exterior trim/interior trim
- External gearbox linkage
- Front and rear windscreen heater elements
- Front and rear wiper linkage
- Fuel tanks/lines
- Gaskets, oil seals, and oil leaks
- Perished pulley dampers
- Power steering pipes and hoses
- Road wheels and tyres
- Rusted components
- Seat belt webbing, buckles, and fixings
- Towing equipment
- Water ingress
- All other components not listed in the ‘What we cover’ section.
A note on general wear and tear:
Your agreement covers you for the sudden and unforeseen mechanical or electrical failure or breakage of items listed in this brochure, subject to the level of cover shown on your certificate. Parts that are worn out due to general wear and tear are not covered by this agreement.
The following items are subject to a contribution of 50% of the claim:
- Air suspension
- Anti-roll control bar (ARC)
- Diesel particulate filter
- Dual mass flywheel (manual)
- Exhaust gas recirculation valve (EGR)
- Instrument clusters (repairs only)
- Multimedia system.
The following items are capped at a maximum of £100:
- Car battery
- Software reprogramming (as part of an authorised repair)
- Seized brake calipers
- Sundries such as oils, gaskets, and filters (as part of an authorized repair).
What to do if your vehicle has a problem
If you should experience any issues, call us immediately. We will guide you through the procedure over the phone, backed up with a step-by-step guide via email. Failure to follow the claims procedure may result in the claim being rejected.
Call the GEM Team on:
0800 080 3434
If your car is not driveable and you need rescuing:
Choose Option 1 for GEM Rescue
If your car is driveable:
Choose Option 2 for GEM Warranty
Based on the categories covered in your warranty certificate we will tell you if the problem with your car is likely to be covered or excluded.
If the fault is potentially covered, we will try to find a reputable and suitable repairer local to you. If this isn’t possible then we are happy for you to nominate a repairer.
We will also send you and your repairer (if an email address is supplied) an email clearly explaining our procedure
The chosen repairer needs to contact us with a full diagnosis of the fault before we can give any authority. If you have chosen Diagnosis & Sundries on your certificate we will pay for up to one hour of repair time subject to the agreed maximum labour rate. Your repairer can contact the GEM Team on 0800 080 3434 Or by email at email@example.com
If we approve the repair we will issue a Repair Authorisation Number and confirmation that we will pay for all parts and labour
Once a Repair Authorisation Number has been given, it remains valid for a period of three months. Upon completion of the authorised work the repairer will invoice us directly and you will be able to take your car, subject to paying for any work that is not covered by this warranty.
GEM Rescue & Services
Things can go wrong with any vehicle. If you find yourself stranded due to mechanical or electrical breakdown, or even a puncture, we’ll get someone out to you as soon as possible. And we have a range of additional services to help you get the very best from your car. Relax, we’ve got you covered.
If you have Comprehensive Cover and your vehicle is less than ten years old, GEM Rescue covers you for:
- Up to 4 call-outs during the term of the cover
- If we cannot fix your car at the roadside we will recover you to a nearby repairer or your home (up to a maximum distance of 30 miles). There will be a small charge if you require to travel further
- You will be charged for any service not listed as part of GEM Rescue cover
- GEM Rescue is limited to 1 call-out per individual problem. You are not covered for multiple call-outs to fix the same issue with your vehicle.
Mobile Tyre Replacement
Fast, reliable, and convenient, our mobile tyre fitting service will replace your tyres at a location and time to suit you.
Please call us for quote.
We’ve all done it. If you accidentally put the wrong fuel in your vehicle, we’ll put things right again at the fraction of the cost of many repairers.Please call us for quote.
Green Engine Machine is an innovative engine carbon cleaning system that detoxes your car to run cleaner and more efficiently. The process strips built-up excess carbon that leads to poor running issues and expensive maintenance costs. It is safe, environmentally-friendly, and takes a mere 30 minutes.
For all our services please call0800 080 3434
or visit gemwarranty.co.uk
Important terms and conditions
The Certificate of Cover issued by your GEM Warranty Dealer states the claim limit, maximum labour rate, and any excess payable in the event of a claim. As we’re not about hiding nasty surprises in the small print, we’d also like you to be aware of the following key terms and conditions:
- 1. Your agreement covers you for the sudden and unforeseen mechanical or electrical failure or breakage of items listed in this brochure, subject to the level of cover shown on your certificate. Parts that are worn out due to general wear and tear are not covered by this agreement.
- 2. This is not a maintenance agreement. Accordingly, we only cover parts that have failed; problems discovered during road testing, health checks, MOT, or servicing are not covered.
- 3. This agreement does not cover known manufacturing defects, faulty workmanship, or faults that may have been present prior to the commencement of your cover. We will not pay more than once to fix an issue
- 4. We will only authorise the fitting of brand manufacturer parts where we are advised that there are no viable alternatives. If you insist on brand manufacturer parts then you will be responsible for the difference in cost.
- 5. We reserve the right to inspect any claim of vehicle malfunction, and evidence of repair may be requested. Any claim we suspect to be fraudulent will be treated with the utmost seriousness. Offenders may be prosecuted under the 2006 Fraud Act.
- 6. You must service your vehicle in accordance with the manufacturer’s schedule. Failure to do so will invalidate your warranty.
Our Full Terms and Conditions are available at gemwarranty.co.uk